Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spending my tyme... in a new way

I'm behind on my 31 day challenge, and I promise I'll catch up - when I have a minute.

Life has been a little crazy this past week.  Signed the lease on a building, hired a contractor and watched them almost tear the building apart to get it to where I need it.  Framed-only walls everywhere, saws and hammers going all day.  Fence guy has given us an estimate, although I'm not sure when they're going to start.  I've got my office painted and a desk put in there.

I've had to make so many decisions, my little brain hurts.  And the frustrations of people not doing what they say.  I won't name names, but a certain cable company that's not Charter, has had my signature on the dotted line since Monday and they promised me a call by Tuesday to schedule the installation.  No call yet, although I've called twice.  I'm almost ready to cancel them and go with slower service.

I think that's one of the things that excites me the most about opening up my business.  I do believe in customer service and that is one thing that I will be able to deliver.  Noone can tell me to do otherwise.  My business will be built on it, that I promise.

Today, I'm meeting with my business advisor and turning everything in to the bank for closing.  I hope they like my business plan.  I've been sweating over it for three weeks.  Tomorrow is the electrical inspector and I hope that he passes us and not makes us rewire the entire building.  If so, I think I'm done.  I've learned alot about commercial building inspections.  Also, the plumber - we have to put in a drain and will have to dig a trench to the septic tank.  After we find the septic tank.  There is way too much information there.

After that, and assuming we pass the electric inspection, they'll put up the walls and put in my drain.  The, we can start painting.  Dave has to do the modular walls and the floors.

I have to find vendors, find a groomer, find products, get signs made, do my website, provide content for a brochure, develop forms, get first aid training...

...I think I'm going back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment