AN EXPERIENCE THAT MADE YOU WHO YOU ARE TODAY
This is a tougher one. I'll start by saying that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. And that out of every bad comes something good. That's certainly the case in my life. I spent many years of my childhood, living with abuse. I won't go into any more detail than that, but I will say that it shaped my life.
For many years, I did not trust and even today, earning my trust is not something that happens overnight. It made me a glass half-empty kind of person. I sometime regret not being more of a positive person, but this is who I am and I've accepted it. But it has helped me face challenges head-on. I don't hide from difficult times - I learn to overcome them and move on.
My other experience was my time in the Army. I learned more self-confidence during that time than in any other. I was challenged to be "all I can be" and more even now, 20 years later, that fills me with pride. I served my country - my adopted country and I also continued a long standing family tradition of military service, even though I was the first female.
>> I spent many years of my childhood, living with abuse.<<
ReplyDeleteDitto and I refused to let that define me. I am a survivor and stronger for it!
You go, Sister!
ReplyDelete