Saturday, March 19, 2011

31 Day Prompt - Day 19

A skill I'd like to learn


So, once again, I'm behind on my days.  Oh well, if I can get in two a week, I'll feel successful.

A skill that I would love to learn is more of an art.  The art of not worrying all the time.  I'm worried that we won't pass the electric inspection, which still hasn't happened.  I'm worried that I won't be able to open on time.  I'm worried that I WILL open on time.  I'm worried that I'll fail.

I'm worried that I'm shortchanging people in this quest..family, friends, my furkids.  The list goes on and on.  How do I stop worrying so much?  People tell me that my OCD tendencies are a great problem to have and will make me successful.  I can't believe that because I'm too busy worrying!

Janie and I went to the Red Cross's Pet First Aid class today.  I learned a lot, but what I walked away with was worry.  How would I react if a dog was hurt?  What if I wasn't there and a dog was hurt?  Would my staff be able to handle it?  The thought of having someone else's beloved pet in my safekeeping scares me to death.

When I first went into this venture, it was with an amazing sense of peace and calm about me.  I still believe that I'm doing the right thing, but now that it's becoming a reality, worry is setting in.

So, anyone have another skill that would be easier for me to learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment