Sunday, March 13, 2011

31 Day Prompt - Day 13

I'm a little behind with this challenge, but I'm enjoying the time I'm spending on it!

How I relax:
There are several ways I relax:

I love to read.  I love to read just about anything, but my favorites are psychological thrillers, military fiction, and even some romance.  I have gotten to the point that I can't go to sleep at night unless I read a couple of pages, at least.  And I have been known to stay up all night because I can't put a book down.  And those nights are usually the ones where I really needed to rest for a big day ahead.  I now have a new way to enjoy my favorite hobby.  Reading at the end of the day in front of a campfire.  Whether it's a true campfire at the RV, or our fire pit in the backyard, reading in the twilight until I can't see anymore relaxes me more than a martini.



I love to sit in my big chair, with my furkids, and watch tv.  If I've had a long day and my brain is tired, then it's House Hunters or House Hunters International.  If I'm in a serious mood, it's NCIS, Criminal Minds, or a CSI.  Light hearted?  House, Barely Legal or Castle.  It seems there's a show for every one of my moods.  Or maybe it's my chair....




My ultimate relaxation is what I fondly call my sanctuary.  And that would be Cades Cove.  It doesn't matter how bad my life is, a trip through the cove will calm my spirit every time.  It's become a standing joke on how long it takes me to start yawning, because I'm so relaxed.  The Cove never gets old for me.  No matter the season or time of day, there is always something new to see.  And I so love the serenity.  It is my church.

Sounds kinda boring, but it's my life and I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment