In January of this year we threw my mom a surprise Birthday party. My sister and I had planned it for months. Friends helped with planning and all my mother's friends and family showed up.
It's hard to keep a secret from her, but we did it. There were even certain members of the family that we didn't tell until the day of to ensure that they wouldn't spill the secret. Her boss accidentally mentioned it one day and I managed to blow it off.
The day of her party, we told her that we were all going out to dinner. After setting up, I picked her up and mentioned that we would be making a short stop. Talking the whole way to alleviate any suspicions, we arrived at the party. As we went in, everyone yelled Happy Birthday and I will never forget the huge smile on her face.
She really was surprised. We pulled it off. The whole evening was great. It was all about her and she was surrounded by people who loved her. I don't think it's anything she'll ever forget.My mom is the type that always takes care of everyone else and never thinks of herself. Her kids always have and always will come first. That's why this party was so important. She had never had a birthday party and we wanted her to know how special she is to us. We simply wanted to celebrate her.
We love you Mom.

No comments:
Post a Comment