Friday, November 4, 2011

The Thankful Month

Yes, it's November once again, and all over Facebook is the Thankful Challenge once again.  As corny as it sounds, I like this challenge and having the opportunity to remind myself during Life's daily challenges that there is always something to be thankful about.  So I've decided to repeat this challenge again this year because my life has changed so drastically in the last 12 months.  I'm starting a few days late, but better late than never, right?

November 3 - I was driving downtown early this morning and happened to glance up at the mountains.  The view took my breath away.  The sun was just coming out with all its glorious color and the mountains were shrouded in fog.  The ethereal beauty was incredible and made my morning.  I literally pulled over and just soaked up God's gift to us.


We are so fortunate to live here.  In our backyard is the most visited National Park in the country.  We have thousands of miles of natural trails, treasures such as Cades Cove and Roaring Fork, just to name a couple.  The sheer volume of waterfalls is overwhelming.

How many people get to drive just a few miles and have the opportunity to see wildlife in its natural habitat?  My luck at seeing bears is laughable and well known; but when I am fortunate enough to see one, I never forget the experience.

We also have many organizations here devoted to preserving our heritage.  I thank them for their hard work and dedication.

So there you have it, my first gratitude of the month.  What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment