Sunday, February 6, 2011

Noteworthy events of mine

In trying to be a little more creative in my writings, I have turned to some websites that offer journaling prompts, as they're called.

Here is my first prompt:

List ten noteworthy events in the last 24 hours

Wow, here come my OCD tendencies.  My first thought is; are we talking about events that have happened to me, to my community, my country, or the world?  Time and time again, I make things more difficult than they have to be by picking them apart.  I can't just go with the flow.  I have to know every little thing before I start, so I don't fail.  Failure is not an option.    It seems ridiculous that even in a creative writing situation, I can't afford to fail.  And if I try to examine why, the only reason I can come up with is because maybe I won't be liked anymore.  Hmmm, this is turning into a psychiatrist's dream.  And today, I am not going to go there.  I am going to go with the flow and write what comes to mind.


  1. Egyptians are still fighting for their freedom. and the violence has been kept to a minimum.  This story breaks my heart.  The Egyptians that I had the good fortune to meet were all friendly and hopeful for the future.  I pray that they have a future.
  2. I had breakfast with my dear friend Janie.  Why is this noteworthy?  Times with her are always noteworthy, but for once, I was able to comfort her a little.  Janie just lost her beloved kittycat, Kea to feline leukemia.  She's been having a hard time with her loss, and I thought I would distract her by inviting her along to the RV show in Knoxville.  We made plans on when to meet, and yesterday morning I got online to get directions.  Well, color me stupid.  I found out that the RV show had been two weeks ago!  At least Janie had a good chuckle at my scattered brain.  But we had a lovely breakfast and she was able to talk about Kea and other things.  As often as she's helped me, it felt good to be there for her.
  3. I watched a lot of tv.  I'm still a little under the weather and didn't feel like doing anything, so I spent the majority of the afternoon catching up on my tv watching.  And, let me say again, that whoever invented TIVO should be nominated for sainthood.
  4. I helped hubby fix an electrical problem.  We had an outlet that went bad last night about 10 pm.  Unfortunately, it was the one that operates the fridge, so there was no waiting to fix it.  Why is it noteworthy?  Because it was probably one of just a couple of home repair jobs that did not result in yelling or arguing.  That, in itself is noteworthy.  It took about an hour, but he fixed it.  My hero.
  5. The news was filled with stuff about the Super Bowl tonight.  And I'll say again, with all due respect, I don't see the big deal.  But, I'm not a football fan.  I should understand, because I do get rabid about the World Cup, but I just can't get into it.  Not even the commercials are enough to excite me.  Oh well, thank goodness for TIVO!
  6. I now have 11 followers on my blog!
  7. TV stations are talking about another big snowstorm this coming week.  I. Am. Sick. Of. Winter.  'Nuff said.
  8. I'm about to break the rules.  I never break the rules and I'm going to.  I can't think of two more events, so I'm ending this with eight instead of ten events.  Feels kinds good...

1 comment: