Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Betrayal of the deepest kind

Nicole and I were played by Oliver and it's not something we'll ever forget.  All the crap he'd been spewing over the years about his money wasn't true.  He also promised to give mom's part of the retirement back into our account so we could divide it up amongst the grandkids.  He called and called Meredith on the due date and hassled her about picking it up.  So, he took it and Nicole and I had to take our shares and split them further.  That he could lie and deceive us all for so long is unfathomable to me.  Mom is probably rolling in her urn.

Long story short, Oliver is out of the house, which he left in an absolute wreck and we're selling the house as quickly as we can.  Oliver is out of our lives and if I never see him again, I'll be happy.

Chad has bought his house, so that's off our plate.  We split up the retirement money and all paid bills.  We paid off our credit card and Danny paid off his bills as well. 

We've got someone coming tomorrow to look at Oliver's house and then Nicole wants to move on her house.  She and Dewey are buying property and building a house.  And I think Danny and Sheryl are buying Nicole's house.

The pandemic has gotten worse and I've basically been on lockdown for six weeks.  I do all my shopping on pick up and have cancelled Thanksgiving and Christmas.  It's hard to be here every day, non stop and not give in to the depression.

Got to go Thursday for another mammogram - mine came back with something wrong.  Mom W is having her mastectomy on the 18th and we hope that it goes well.

Sheryl caught Covid and had to quarantine for two weeks.  Luckily, her symptoms were mild compared to what we've seen, but it was still a challenge, especially being pregnant.  I'm looking forward to meeting my new grandson in January.  I still can't believe that he's due on Mom's Birthday.  I wish I could go there to meet him, but travel is too dangerous right now.  Hopefully, by April I can go visit.  And I miss my Katie bug.  Every time I see her she seems more grown up. I know this move was our choice and I don't regret it, but I sure miss them.


No comments:

Post a Comment