Sunday, January 3, 2016

Hello 2016!

2015 was filled!  If I could use only one word, it would be emotional. We ran the gamut this year from grief to excitement to a deep heartache to unbridled joy and back again.

We lost so much this year. But we gained just as much. We made decisions this past year that will affect the rest of our lives. We lost old friends and made new ones.

We're so thrilled at what this new year will hold for us. At the same time, there is a little fear of the unknown. 2016 will be our year of change. We will be turning our lives upside down and finally living our dream. We will be saying adios (temporarily) to our friends and loved ones as we venture out on our new journey. Leaving our loved ones behind is difficult. But having their blessing to fulfill our dream means the world to us.  Retiring early and being able to travel the country has been a long-awaited dream for us.

We are busy emptying out our house and getting it ready to put on the market on April 1.  Yes, we will be totally and happily homeless, other than our Motorhome.  Our first winter will be spent outside Pensacola.  After that, who knows?  That's our joy in this journey.  We are happily unplanning our lives.  Each cabinet or wall we clean off is a step closer to our dream.  The sheer volume of cleaning out 30 years worth of stuff can be overwhelming, but I'm keeping the end result in sight and that makes it easier.

I'm filled with excitement and trepidation for this new year. The one thing I have no doubts about is sharing this with my partner, my battle buddy and my husband. This year rings in thirty years we've shared. Thirty years of ups and downs. But there is no-one I would rather share this new journey with.

As you start your new year, I wish you joy and encourage you to chase your dream, as well, no matter what it may be.

The happiest of New Year's to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment