Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Tears


This post is actually from 2013, when we had to say goodbye to Donnagan.  I realized to day that I had never published it and wanted the world to know how much he meant to me.  I'll always miss you, little man.



When I saw your dog bowl...I cried.
When I laid in bed alone last night...I cried.
When you didn't kiss me good morning...I cried.
When Quincey howled at the fire trucks alone...I cried.
When Sage started the Kentucky Derby and you weren't there...I cried.
When I walked by your condo...I cried.
When the other kids lined up for their treats, I cried.
When I couldn't print your picture for lack of ink, I cried.
When I saw your toys laying there, I cried.
When I came home from work today, I cried.

I miss you.  I miss your big smile.
The other three miss you.  Quincey is still laying there, alone.
Sage wouldn't eat, and Sissy is very quiet.
Last night was my first night alone without you  - I missed you.

Are you happy?  Are you at peace?
Have you seen Rocky and Peka?  Tell them I miss them too.
Today was the first day I could think about you without sobbing.
Thank you for being a part of my life - you always made it richer.

What will I do without you,
My precious little friend.
Part mischief, but all blessing,
I loved you to the end.
A few short years is all we had,
Then one day we had to part.
You will always be my loving friend
And forever have my heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment