A Life Update
Learning to live with Fibromyalgia has been a bitch, but I'm getting used to it and learning what my triggers are.
For example, the sleeping pills that I agreed to take have really helped. I'm amazed at how much better I feel, just after getting a good night's sleep. I hurt less, am more sharp and calmer.
My next step is to sign up for a 6 week Tai Chi for health class. Not quite sure when it will start, but I'm excited about it. I think it will be good for my body, mind and soul.
I'm also learning what not to do. Yesterday, I was off, but after talking to my staff, I realized that they were overwhelmed and I decided to go down to the shop and help out for a while. While I was there, a large dog went crazy and I'm glad I was there to stop the behavior. The upshot is that I was bit. Not bad, just enough to draw blood. But the stress of the afternoon did not help. I came home, made dinner and went downhill fast. By the time bedtime came around, I couldn't walk well, fell down, and my muscles hurt like crazy. Sleep was not good and I am still suffering for it today.
Can I avoid stressful situations? Of course not. What I have to learn is how to handle them better. And the first step is awareness that if I don't, I will suffer. But I will get better at this. Because I refuse to let this defeat me.
And by the way, for those who may not have read it on my FB page, I got the results of my needle biopsy back and they were clear. I go back in six months for more testing, but today, I'm cancer-free, so I'm celebrating today.
Glad you are getting better sleep...I get a sore throat, sometimes run a low fever and ache all over when my FM flares from lack of sleep.
ReplyDeleteTai Chi sounds good and check out Natl Arthritis Foundation warm water aerobics (NOT regular aerobics). Amazing relief from that for me.
Congrats on the biopsy - I'm still waiting for one re: possible lupus. Isn't this fun? LOL!
Hello Friend! I have a close friend who suffers from Fibromyalgia, too. So, I can sympathize with you since I know how she suffers from it. Congrats on being cancer free!! I hope your Tai Chi works for you, too. So happy to meetcha'.
ReplyDeleteBest regards to you, Ruby aka Grammy
Donna, thanks! I hate that you have your hands so full right now with your health and Stu's! Thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteGrammy, thank you for your kind words and best regards to you!
Yep, we're all avoiding stress and yet, deal with things...that's the tight rope we walk.
ReplyDelete#22
Kate
http://solidhappiness.blogspot.com/
I'm happy for you that you're cancer-free and also learning how to deal with fibromyalgia. Both of those things can steal your life (I'm speaking metaphorically as well as literally) away if you let them. It's inspiring to see someone who isn't letting them.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the Tai Chi :)
~ Rhonda Parrish