Well, my new business is open and I'm alternating between pride and pure panic. About every two minutes I have a change of heart, somewhere between yeah! and what the hell was I thinking???
Our two weeks of construction work turned into 6 1/2. I learned more about construction than I ever wanted to. And, of course, with the longer time came a much higher bill, which is also causing moments of anxiety.
I am very happy that I did this and feel that I was led here. But I also think that I'm crazy for wanting to risk my entire future on this venture and going back to working 13 hours a day, 6 days a week. This first week has showed some flaws in my judgement and I'm grateful that we're in a soft opening and our Grand Opening is not until May 17, which gives me time to work the kinks out.
I'm exhausted. If the stressors at work were not enough, my own dogs have been going through something here and they are up constantly at night, seemingly for no reason and keeping me awake most of the night. So now I'm stressed and sleep deprived. And I'm doing this again why?
I've been told that these mixed emotions are very normal for a new business and I'm sure they are. It just doesn't make it any easier to live with. I hope that my next post is a little more positive.
Sigh...
No comments:
Post a Comment