Thursday, July 27, 2017

Hate mongering is alive and well.

This morning was filled with more rant-filled tweets from No. 45.  I'm sorry, I just can't call him my president.  I am a patriot and a veteran, but I would never serve now and call him my Commander in Chief, because he's not fit to lead.  His platform is one of lies and exaggerations.  Of hate and fear and I want no part of it.

His target this morning?  Gays and transgenders in the military.

What does he know about the military?  He's never served a day in his life.  He has no idea what it's like to trust your life to the soldier next to you.  When I served, I didn't care what their belief structure was.  I didn't care about their sexual orientation.  I knew several gays, even though back then, it was still illegal to serve.  But I didn't care.

All I cared about was would they have my back in the worst of times, and they did.  No. 45 makes it sound like gays and transgendered would be too weak to serve in the military and I have issue with that.  They face discrimination every day.  Every single day, they have to be on guard against some narrow minded bigot who wishes them harm.

To me, that doesn't make them weak.  It makes them stronger.  They're survivors of the worst that humanity can throw at one.  As a survivor of rape, I understand the strength it takes to overcome that pain and learn to live again.  I applaud them for having the courage to live their lives on their terms and I support them 100%.

Their choices do not affect me in the least.  And as long as no-one is harmed by their lifestyle choices, what business is out of ours how they live their lives?  The eight plus years that homosexuality has been legal in the U.S. Military has not weakened it at all.  In my opinion, it's been strengthened.

I'm truly frightened of where this country is headed.  The changes he's making are not for the good of the country.  Obamacare may not have been perfect, but is the answer no insurance for the 22 million?  How does that help?

His message os one of fear and hate.  I've never seen so many millions of people attack each other over politics like I have in the last year.  It's frightening that one man could bring us to this point.  It reminds me of the civil war - brother against brother, father against son, mother against daughter.  Is this where we want to go?

This nation was founded on tolerance.  It fought a civil war to bring equality to all.  Our legislative branch has changed our laws to allow for equality for all mankind.  And now, those rights are being stripped, one by one.  The issues being brought forth are incendiary....Planned Parenthood, Freedom of the Press, walls to keep out the riff raff, the rights given to the President.  All of this is being brought forth in social media.  Rational thinking has gone away.  Respect towards others has blown away in the winds of discontent.

And at the head of it is the so-called leader of the United States.  I will not call him a leader.  He has not earned that respect.  He is not an example that we should follow.   McCarthyism is what comes to mind.  How long before we are not allowed to speak our minds anymore?  So you think it's far fetched?  Look at our own history and you'll see it's not.  He's already trying to take away the freedom of the press by calling them false news and yelling at his citizens to ignore them.  I won't ignore what he's doing to this country and I will not sit still and allow it to happen.

This is not a personal attack on a person.  This is a veteran, a former republican, who is afraid of what another three years will do to this country.  We're on the brink of war with North Korea.  He has alienated just about all of NATO and the EU.  What happens when disaster strikes?  We'll be on our own because of what he has done to destroy relationships with the rest of the world.  In this day and age, a country cannot survive on its own.  That's the reason behind NATO, being G12, behind the EU.

His ego will bring this country to a new low, one we've never seen before.  In the past, the United States was respected as the leader of the free world.  Today, we're ridiculed all over the globe for allowing such a hateful little man to lead us.

This little Napoleon/Hitler  wanna-be needs to be impeached.  Let him sit in front of a jury of his peers and face judgment on what he's done.  It's no less than he deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment