You're not even born yet and I'm already having conversations with you. Yes, I will be known as the crazy Grammy! I'm so excited at the thought of having you here with us, but I'm also afraid of bringing you into this world filled with pain and trouble.
Before you enter this mad, mad world, here are five things I wish for you, my joy.
1. You will make mistakes. Own them. Life is full of mistakes. It's how we learn about life. Be proud of yours and learn from them. Most of all, don't blame others for your mistakes.
2. Never be afraid to show love. Although a cliche, life is very short. Don't be afraid to show your love to those you care about. Let them know how much they mean to you.
3. Don't be afraid of life. Life is too serious as it is. Don't be afraid to be silly. Don't be afraid to try something new. Reach out and embrace everything the world has to offer you.
4.Dream in color. Dreams give us our reason to live. Don't be afraid to dream.
5. Let everything continue to be new to you. One of the biggest joys is to view the world through a child's eyes, because everything is new and bright to them. I hope you never lose that awareness of life around you. Don't take anything for granted.
So there you are. My five kernels of wisdom. You'll learn so much in the coming years, but I hope you never forget the important things.
What a lovely letter. :) You're going to be a fantastic grandma, Marion. Katherine is already a very lucky little girl.
ReplyDelete