Sigh, I really tried to refrain from making any political post this election season. Really, I did. But as we get closer to the Inauguration on Jan 20, the worse the rhetoric is.
My comments are not based on political party. I'm writing not as a Republican or Democrat. I'm writing as an American, who has served her country in the Army during Desert Storm.
For eight years, I've listened to people not just criticize our President, but belittle him, his wife and his daughters. These were not comments criticizing his political agenda, but personal attacks on his person, his demeanor and his color.
For eight years, I've watched a president, who, under the worst storm of personal attacks ever allowed under a presidential term, maintained his composure. He showed us not just a presence as President, but also as a human. His wife, Michelle, also maintained her composure and stuck to her programs of work, even when people called her an ape, or worse. The attacks on our presidential family has been tragic and unbelievable. The President is human and serves to be treated with respect. He has NEVER attacked someone in the media in a personal manner. He has always remained the circumspect Commander in Chief we expect. His emotions were kept under control in the public as they should have. I respect that.
Now, let's move on to our new President. Since the nominations, he has belittled, ridiculed and attacked everyone who has disagreed with him. Man, woman or child, if they say anything that he didn't like, he attacks them. Even now, as President-elect, he still maintains his childish demeanor by using his Twitter account to attack anyone he doesn't like.
He refuses to attend security briefings because he thinks he knows better. How scary. That's how 9/11 started. He's already breaking laws by appointing his son-in-law as a senior advisor. He doesn't feel like moving to DC, our nation's capital full-time. He'd rather run the country in NYC. So, we tax payers. have to pay the millions that it will take to protect his security in two places rather than one. How is this "draining the swam?" Wasting millions because he's too good to live in the President's house.
On the 9th of January, 11 days before the inauguration, when he should be attending security briefings and learning how to run the country, he instead watches the Golden Globes and calls Meryl Streep over rated. As George Clooney said, "Don't you have a country to run?" Or is this the way it's going to be over the next four years? Every time you hear something you don't like, you'll throw a tantrum and go on a twitter rampage? I can see our security agencies breaking out in a sweat now on how they're going to maintain national security.
I'm not here to change anyone's mind. People voted how they voted. And although, Trump lost the popular vote, has gained the majority, so here's our next president.
But don't come crying to me when he keeps throwing his infamous tantrums and blames everyone else besides himself for anything that happens in the next four years. This will be the term of blame someone else, I guarantee it. Donald Trump does not know how to take responsibility for anything and we'll see that.
I'd like to say that I'm looking forward to proving the Trumpsters wrong. He won't save our country. But I can't. I'm afraid of where his ego will take us. I wonder how many original cabinet members will still be around in two years time. They will start falling like dominoes as Trump fails. That is my first prediction.
No comments:
Post a Comment