My staff has also been hit by this sinus crud that's going around, and while I hate it for them, it's been a kind of blessing for me. Yesterday and today I worked by myself here at Dog World and I remembered why I opened this place all over again.
I spent the day taking care of the dogs instead of paperwork. Who'd have thought that I would find joy in scooping poop? I got to play and throw the ball, and just hold them in my lap. I didn't realize how much I've missed that.
On top of spending an enjoyable day, I've had the opportunity to spend the day with some seasoned veterans. Ginger, Jessie, Abby and Chipper coming in - I'm in doggy heaven. I met some new friends today as well. Esperanza, you're going to give Tanner a run for his money!
I guess this is my version of stopping to smell the roses, except that I stopped to play with the dogs.
Life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment